If your workspace has moved into your home, you need to create a productive and clutter-free workspace! Here’s a checklist to follow in order to help improve your work performance, increase efficiency, and create an environment in which you can work from home (WFH):
- Start with a clean and orderly space.
- Use colors and scents that inspire you.
- Clear your workspace and only add essential items needed on your desk.
- Avoid placing piles of mail or delivery boxes in your office space. Sort through them and remove them to avoid distractions.
- Collect items that belong elsewhere and move them to the appropriate room in your home.
- Get rid of items that you don’t use. If you haven’t used it in a year, you probably don’t need it. Bless it and make a donation.
- Label everything, whether they are folders, storage bins, or containers. If your home office is in a shared space, the easiest way to keep it organized and clutter-free are by labeling so everyone knows where every item is stored.
Cleaning and organizing your space has to become something that is done on a consistent basis. You can’t wait until things pile up to then clean up. You need to make straightening your desk at the end of each day a part of your routine. When you see that something is out of place in a common area or sitting on the floor collecting dust, make it a point to take care of it to maintain a clutter-free workspace. To get ideas and inspired, below are some home office design options to check out.